Saturday, October 29, 2011

Starting on new quilt

In true crafting style I have started working on my second quilt instead of completing my first quilt. Here is the fabric I ordered for my second quilt. I may give this to my mother so asked her to pick the color palette. She chose the Heirloom in Ruby palette by Joel Dewberry. I would have picked the Citrine or Sapphire palette but she feels that bright colors really make the quilt pop. I found this free quilt pattern by on the blog. Decided to just use this pattern instead of stressing over the design myself. I might replace the white swatches with some other solid color. To me the white seems abrupt on the quilt front. I ordered the required material from Hawthorne Threads. They have the preassembled kit. The material arrived yesterday and the colors do look brilliant.


Joel Dewberry - Heirloom in Ruby Palette


This time around I plan to wash the quilt after it's made. I am not going to prewash the fabric like I did for my first quilt. Just trying things out for myself and see what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!