Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Indian hand printed fabrics

I have been doing a lot of research on fabric lately trying to figure out what I like and how to put it together in terms of color and pattern. After looking at everything I find myself going back to Gamthi fabric. It's hand printed in an age old traditional style. They have such a lovely handmade quality and have a very contemporary look. I particularly like the lighter colored ones. The vegetable and indigo print ones are my favourites. Paisley print fabric looks great too. Bandhani is another good print. Bandhani is mostly done on finer cloth and silks.

Indian block printing has always been popular and never goes out of style:

I have found a few websites that sell items made from these wonderful prints:
I wish some one would make more contemporary designs using the same traditional process. 

6 comments:

  1. It's a very good blog! Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for me. I would suggest buying linen clothes from one of the best online shopping websites in India at yellwithus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazed to see your nice blog. Now I want to read more about us : Best IVF Centre In Chhattisgarh

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful information this really helps me a lot to understand new things keep doing this work also have a look on this Best School in Faridabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful blog it contains some interesting topics and helped me a lot to learn new things and some interesting topics keep doing this type of work also have a eye on this Best Orthopedics In Faridabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful information this really helps me a lot to understand new things keep doing this work also have a look on this Best Gynecologist In Faridabad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!