Saturday, February 2, 2013

T-Shirt Quilt

A good friend of mine wanted a t-shirt quilt to commemorate her swimming accolades from high school. She did a lot of ground work and came up with the layout herself. She also did all the prep work and cut up the t-shirts and applied interfacing to each piece.




This is where I came in. I helped her sew it together. I take no credit for how it looks and it looks great. Can you believe it is her first quilt? The interfacing made it really easy to handle while sewing and the seams do bind well when ironed.

This is still a WIP. We have agreed to utilize some more of her t-shirts and make it a bit wider.

It's my first collaborative t-shirt quilt and has been a lot of fun making. Hope to finish it soon.

On another note I got myself a new Olfa cutting mat and rotary cutter after the debacle a few weeks ago where I cut through the mat itself. The quality of this mat seems much better.



3 comments:

  1. I am sure she is going to love it when it's done. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Glad the interfacing didn't give you trouble. Collaborative quilts are so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project and a wonderful memory your making. These shirts have so many stories to tell by themselves and now they have one more. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!