Sunday, September 16, 2012

Quilter's take Manhattan

Attended the Quilter's take Manhattan event hosted by Alliance for American Quilts at FIT yesterday. It was a really fun event and got to meet some big names from the quilting world. The biggest highlight for me was to see the actual quilts made by Denyse Schmidt featured in her book and get my own personal copy signed by her. I was amazed by the simplicity and neatness of her work. She uses bold colors but not in an excessive fashion. Her designs blend the old and new very well and have a timeless feel to them. Her interview with Meg Cox had such an genuine feel to it. Meg was great too. Don't  miss the keystone quilt hanging in the background, reminiscent of our improv blocks.



There were lots of door prizes, a few freebies, good food and overall very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Definitely plan to go again next year.

3 comments:

  1. I wanna go next year too! Maybe I can go in your suitcase. :)

    I tried to reply to your comment on my blog but you are a no reply blogger so I couldn't. You don't send the quilt to me for the quilt challenge. Rather, join the flickr group and post photos/palette and brief description there. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!