Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Craft Book Project

September is the craft book month at craftbuds and having read about some amazing projects inspired by craft books, decided to link up to it. I love to browse through craft books, look at pictures and be inspired by them. 





Early on I made the kitchen windows quilt for my mum which was based of a design from The Practical Guide to Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman. This was a queen size quilt with flannel backing and quilted it on my Brother sewing machine which had a very small throat. It was a daunting task but this book helped me plod along. I can say I learnt how to quilt from this book so it holds a special place in my bookshelf. I would love to make one more quilt from this book, hopefully some time soon.



And now linking up to craftbuds.

Craft Book Month at Craft Buds

1 comment:

  1. so lovely! i think your fabric choices are fantastic. i quilt on a brother too, and i feel your pain! tiny throat, but it gets the job done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!