Wednesday, June 13, 2012

First attempt at FMQ

Last Saturday I hooked up the BSR foot on my sewing machine and did a practice round of FMQ. It wasn't pretty but I got a good feel for it. I am posting some pictures just so I can come back later and see how I have improved (who knows when that day will come!). On the flip side, I can only go up from here :) At first I struggled keeping a steady pace so the stitches were uneven but I got the stippling pattern more or less, then I started to concentrate on getting the stitch length even then the pattern got all wonky. Need to try and do both at the same time. 







Well this comes to mind -- To myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me...........Isaac Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!