Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stacked coin quilt completed

Utilized the long weekend to finish the binding on my quilt. At first I had ordered a fabric for orange binding on the quilt, but the fabric shop messed up the order and sent some other fabric. While waiting for the orange fabric to arrive I had a change of heart and used grey stripe by Licien for the binding. I think it frames the quilt much better than the orange fabric. Kind of blends with the rest of the colors. 

For quilting I used straight simple lines. The back of the quilt shows the quilting more clearly. I am on a Quilter's Linen trip at the moment, used dusty blue and light grey Quilter's Linen for the back. To add more interest I added a partial strip of printed fabric. Some critics didn't approve but I thought it added visual interest :) Here comes another picture heavy post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!