Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kitchen Windows quilt completed

Completed one more quilt. This one is special as I made it for my mum. I really do hope she likes it. This is the biggest quilt I have made so far, completed it measures 85" x 85". I quilted it diagonally and it was difficult to maintain straight lines on a small sewing machine but somehow it worked out. This quilt has definitely made me a fan of linen fabric and I think you will see me use it a lot more often in my quilts. I used stripped binding for my quilt. This is the first time I have used stripes and it does frame the quilt quite nicely. The backing is Folksy Flannel from Anna Maria Horner. It's very good quality and gives a real snug feel to the quilt. I prewashed all my fabric for this quilt so it's got a nice fresh smell about it. Any way without further adieu..








Had to add a little hand stitched note!

More here: FinishedBastingQuilt topCompleted blocksfabricprogress

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful quilt. I hope your Mom is enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite designs from Practical Guide to Patchwork, and will definitely be on my to do list

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!