Seattle MQG is organizing a Paint Chip Mini Quilt Challenge where each one of us was given a paint chip and we had to come up with an 18" x 18" mini quilt. I was fortunate to get two paint chips and this was my fabric pull. I could not believe it that I had all these fabrics in my stash. #sewmystash2015 for the win.
Then using a nifty new iPad app, that I have been extensively using lately, I drew up an initial design.
And this is what it looked like once I was done.
I found the back far more interesting than the front.
Since the front was very busy I decided to use a simple wavy stitch on my Bernina (stitch #4) for the quilting. It's barely visible on the lighter fabric.
I am looking forward to turning this in next month and seeing what the collective display of all the quilts looks like. Will post a pic when that exhibit goes up at Drygoods Design in June.