Friday, May 30, 2014

Weddings and Quilts

Two of my closest friends are getting hitched this weekend. They strictly said no gifts, so decided to make them something handmade as a token of our friendship and a celebration of life in general.

I started it last Sunday inspired by this table runner and some encouragement from Jess and Neva. First I scored the perfect set of solids in rainbow colors from my stash. One must never undermine ones stash!! :) For the background paired it with Kona Coal and Dictionary Print in neutral by Tim Holtz for the back to keep things a bit masculine.


 I quilted it in straight lines using Aurifil #50 wt thread in gray that I got from the Massdrop group by. It was a perfect match.





For the binding I used Text Print in black by Violet Craft from the Madrona Road collection.



And a first for me an actual label on the back. I got these printed from Spoonflower recently. I like the layout but am not too thrilled about the printing. It looks a bit dull. I don't know if it is my choice of fabric or the text is too small. I have to refine it a bit more.




I added a sleeve on the back and it is ready to gift.


I am posting this today because I know they don't read my blog and besides they are too busy with the wedding prep.



5 comments:

  1. This really zings, the bright yellows and greens on the grey leap out. The construction is clever- it looks simple but there's a lot of work there to make it look artfully scattered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever! Love the bright colors and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's so stunning with the bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just fab! I'm sure they'll love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!