Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hexies!!!

A few days ago I ordered some fabric from Amanda at Westwood Acres and got a Baby Jane Moda candy pack as a freebie. It's the cutest little stack of 2.5" x 2.5" inch fabric squares and I just had to make something with them ASAP. I started turning them into little hexies and an hour later I had a neat little pile.


Hexies made with Moda Candy - Baby Jane by Eric and Julie Comstock

I could not stop at that. I had seen this little mini quilt from Malka which I absolutely love. I was craving for a pop of color after all the mild colored fabric I have been working with lately and I've never made a mini quilt so this was the chance. I went ahead and ordered Moda candy packs of Simple Marks by Malka Dubrawsky which came in the mail last night and already have one pack converted into hexies.




A digression from my current projects but can't stop myself. Precut fabric makes EPP so simple and fun.

The schedule this week for the 2013 New Bloggers Blog Hop over at Plum and June. Please check out these lovely blogs.


Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling


Linking upto: Crazy Mom Quilts

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a stack of hexies! Strike while the inspiration is hot I say! The other projects won't disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric you're using. Can't wait to see the hexies all together. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!