Sunday, September 17, 2017

Learning to Crochet - VI

This is the last post in my series. I guess at this point I have quite a bit of crochet under my belt and even though I am still a beginner certainly not a novice.

Where next? Sweaters, socks, shawls, afghans. Endless choices. 
Also now I feel equipped enough to buy more luxurious wool yarn for my projects.

Just like designer fabric there is a ton of designer yarn available.
Some of my favorites are:

On the other end of the spectrum is crocheted lace. I ordered a set of finer crochet hooks.



I perhaps need to invest in a pair of magnifying lenses before I tackle that. :)

Then there are variations on crochet tatting, u-pin. And of course knitting!
For now I am content with quilting with crochet on the side.

Hopefully you found the posts informational and can perhaps help you pick up a new hobby. Let me know if you have questions or need more details on anything, would be willing to help.

To sign off, here is some extreme crocheting. I chanced upon the work of Jo Hamilton at the Seattle Art Fair. I was absolutely blown away and had never seen anything like it.




And then there is the work of Susanna Bauer. Crocheted magnolia leaves, stones and wood. Amazing stuff.




And then there are some crochet installations by Joana Vasconcelos. I have not seen any of her works in person, but would love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!