Friday, November 29, 2013

Treasured little bits

As I look for deals to fill my shelves with more fabric on Black Friday I pause in amazement at these precious little bits.



These were given to be by my aunt yesterday after she stuffed me with a great thanksgiving meal. She picked them from a thrift store in Texas for $3.00.
Each block is painstakingly hand sewn using  hexagons that are barely half inch in size.

You can see a close up here.




The colors are to die for and if you look at the pink block closely even one of the hexagons is pieced from bits of fabric. Here is the close up of the back.



These blocks are very fragile, I will probably use some fusible interfacing to give them some strength and turn it into a wall hanging. 

Anyway coming back to my original train of thought, these blocks make me realize that I don't need much to create something beautiful. Just my imagination.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! They are gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute for words. I can't wait to see the wall-hanging. All you need is imagination--and an aunt who is a very good shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute for words. I can't wait to see the wall-hanging. All you need is imagination--and an aunt who is a very good shopper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!