Thursday, November 28, 2013

The ups and downs of bee blocks

I am participating in two bees this year and am absolutely enjoying it. I find that it really pushes me out of my comfort zone to trying things that otherwise I normally would not. 

This year one of the big skills I learnt was foundation paper piecing. I have been doing the Lucky Star quilt along with Elizabeth Dackson and made a paper pieced house block for Jessica. So when Cath from Wombat Quilts asked for paper pieced blocks I thought huh easy breezy. But to my surprise this did not go too well. I think I picked blocks which were way to difficult for my skill level.
After I was almost done with the two blocks I found that they lacked in workmanship.

On closer inspection the first one had a problem


and so did the second one. 


I was so bummed out that I needed to take a break and decided to tackle the other bee blocks first and come back to this later.

First up I made a block for Carol for CNJMQG bee. This really gave me a much needed boost.


Then the two blocks for Alyce of Wonderland By Alyce. Love the bright colors.



With these done I guess I will go back to making new blocks for Cath. Sorry Cath.

Anyway on this thanksgiving day I am thankful that I have this great hobby to sustain my sanity even though things may not alway go my way. I am truly appreciative of the people I have met along the way and to everyone who reads my blog and follows along my sewing journey.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!