Saturday, August 31, 2013

Double Take...Almost

This week I have not one but two quilt tops finished. It took a long time to get these babies done so prepare for a picture overload.

The first one is my sawtooth star quilt that I started way back in February and 64 stars later....






This is a pattern from one of my first books on quilting Elizabeth Hartman's - A Practical Guide to Patchwork. This is the second quilt I have made from a pattern in this book, the first one was the Kitchen Windows quilt. I have gone from a confident beginner to an intermediate quilter :) A pat on the back for matching all the seams.

And now time to unveil its little cousin....




I made this from the triangles that were clipped while making the flying geese units in the previous quilt. I arranged them on point, wanted to see what all the fuss was about. The sashing is 1 inch wide. Since the blocks were made of remnants they were not all the same size so it took a bit of  wrangling to make all the seams match but I think I did a pretty decent job.

Completing these quilt tops is an excellent start to my weekend and now on to basting and quilting. The end is near.

More about this quilt: here, here, here

Linking up to: Finish it up Friday, Fabric Tuesday, WIP Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. Love that you made another quilt top with the clippings from the first. Always feels so good to use fabrics that way. It's a wonderful quilt top, too. They both are. Nice work, and good luck with the basting and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you used the scraps immediately! Both quilts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look beautiful! I love seeing your stars all sewn together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sawtooth quilt and the remnant quilt. A lovely double finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both gorgeous! I love the Sawtooth. Great colors.
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! I know you are proud of your new skills. You did a great job on both quilts. I like your half square triangle quilt and think it is wonderful you used your scraps to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore both of these but I think the sawtooth is my favourite! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your blocks! Both quilts are gorgeous! I love the idea of the "bonus" quilt from the scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!