Monday, August 27, 2012

Baby Swag - Part II

Last week found some time to work on the baby gift package. Finished off the bibs by adding some snap fasteners. They need to be hammered into place but it's real easy to do.




Lastly made two whole cloth baby quilts. I used one yard each of Ann Kelle Remix in sage and pink. For the backing I used a dotted minky. It was stretchy  and had to be basted very closely to prevent slippage. I am not sure if I liked working with it but the final outcome was worth it. The quilts were put together using the same method as the burb cloths.




All done, packaged and ready to be shipped to CA.

1 comment:

  1. You've inspired me to make a gift package for a friend thats having a baby in october. Thanks for the ideas! I've always loved the look of Minky but was leary about how it would stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!