Thursday, November 2, 2023

Small Studies


Having thought about it a bit I could not describe things any other way than 'small studies'. I have been struggling to find time to work on quilts between the demands of my every day life. With all the unfinished projects lying around me I needed something that I can work on a little by little and finish in a reasonable amount of time. In short it would be nice to see a finished project. Looking at my scrap bin I realized I had cut-offs from previously made quilts and reminisced over how much time I had spent coming up with the right set of colors for those quilts. Then it occurred to me that I still loved the colors why not make small quilts from the cut-offs. What better way than to keep a part of the quilt for myself while the original quilt has been given away. This led me to making these.

The first one is from cut-off's of my Patola Quilt




The second one is from the cut-offs from my Jamdani Quilt.




I have another one in the making that is from the left overs of the Begonia Quilt however I have a lot more fabric than that just a few blocks so mulling on how to finish this one.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!