Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Indian hand printed fabrics

I have been doing a lot of research on fabric lately trying to figure out what I like and how to put it together in terms of color and pattern. After looking at everything I find myself going back to Gamthi fabric. It's hand printed in an age old traditional style. They have such a lovely handmade quality and have a very contemporary look. I particularly like the lighter colored ones. The vegetable and indigo print ones are my favourites. Paisley print fabric looks great too. Bandhani is another good print. Bandhani is mostly done on finer cloth and silks.

Indian block printing has always been popular and never goes out of style:

I have found a few websites that sell items made from these wonderful prints:
I wish some one would make more contemporary designs using the same traditional process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!